Yadu Rajiv is a game designer, developer, a curator and evangelist for independent games. In 2011, he co-founded Hashstash, where he designed and developed multiple games. He taught user experience design, web design, game design and game development at Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology, Bangalore, India for 5 years after which he joined BYJU’S as a Lead Game Designer in 2020. He has been building and supporting game-design and development communities since 2008 and is currently working on gamedev.in. Yadu writes about game design, game UX and development on Twitter under his handle, @yadurajiv as well as on his blog.
- Developing Turn-Based Multiplayer Games with GameMaker Studio 2 and NodeJS – Apress, 2018
- How to Learn Flixel – tutsplus.com, Mar 2013
- 5 Tools to Develop AAA Games – Linux For You, Feb 2010.
- Getting Started with Game Development – Linux For You, Dec 2009.
Conferences and Awards
- IGDA Next Gen Leaders 2020, GDC 2020
- Jam Jam Festival, Keynote Speaker, Helsinki 2019
- Game Design Education, Panel, NGDC 2017
- Tales from Game Designers: Things we learned the hard way, Panel Moderator, NGDC 2017
- Evil Game Design Challenge, Speaker, NGDC 2016
- Caveman Game Design Challenge, Workshop, NGDC 2016
- Reality Check: Ground Realities of Being Indie, Panel, NGDC 2013
- Using Open Source for Game Development, Speaker, India Game Developer Summit 2010
- Master of Design (M.Des) in Design for Digital Experience, National Institute of Design (NID)
- BA in English Language and Literature, St Alberts College, Kochi, Kerala