Yadu Rajiv is a game designer, developer, a curator and evangelist for independent games. In 2011, he co-founded Hashstash, where he designed and developed multiple award winning games. After Hashstash, Yadu worked as a Senior User Experience Designer at RedBus for a short period. Later he moved on to teach user experience design, web design, game design and game development at Srishti Institute of Art, Design and Technology for 5 years after which he joined BYJU’S as a Lead Game Designer in 2020. He has been building and supporting game-design and development communities since 2008 and is currently working on gamedev.in. Yadu has more than 15 years of experience in Game Development, Teaching and User Experience Design. He writes about game design, game UX and development on Twitter under his handle, @yadurajiv as well as on his blog.
Yadu is the author of Developing Turn-Based Multiplayer Games with GameMaker Studio 2 and NodeJS which was published by Apress. He has donned multiple hats, as an organizer, a speaker and a panellist on multiple occasions at the India Game Developers Conference since 2013. He has been a Keynote Speaker at the Jam Jam Festival organized by the Finnish Game Jam held in Helsinki. Yadu was also selected to be one of the IGDA Foundation’s Next Gen Leaders of 2020. He was recently selected as one of @GIbiz’s Top100 Game Changers of 2020 as well.
- Developing Turn-Based Multiplayer Games with GameMaker Studio 2 and NodeJS – Apress, 2018
- How to Learn Flixel – tutsplus.com, Mar 2013
- 5 Tools to Develop AAA Games – Linux For You, Feb 2010.
- Getting Started with Game Development – Linux For You, Dec 2009.
Conferences and Awards
- Games Industry Biz Top 100 Game Changers, 2020 | (GI 100 List)
- IGDA Next Gen Leaders 2020, GDC 2020
- Jam Jam Festival, Keynote Speaker, Helsinki 2019
- Game Design Education, Panel, NGDC 2017
- Tales from Game Designers: Things we learned the hard way, Panel Moderator, NGDC 2017
- Evil Game Design Challenge, Speaker, NGDC 2016
- Caveman Game Design Challenge, Workshop, NGDC 2016
- Reality Check: Ground Realities of Being Indie, Panel, NGDC 2013
- Using Open Source for Game Development, Speaker, India Game Developer Summit 2010
- Master of Design (M.Des) in Design for Digital Experience, National Institute of Design (NID)
- BA in English Language and Literature, St Alberts College, Kochi, Kerala